Terms and Conditions
Canadore’s Centre for Career Development is an active member of the Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE), and adheres to the Guidelines for Ethical Recruitment at Post-Secondary Educational Institutions and expects our employer partners to do so as well.
Employer Terms & Conditions
Employers utilizing our services must abide by the following Terms and Conditions. The Centre for Career Development reserves the right to refuse any person or organization use of its services.
We require that employers who use our services to adhere to the Employment Standards Act, The Ontario Human Rights Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Canadore’s Respectful College Community Policy in their recruitment and employment practices.
Job Postings and Employment Opportunities
Employers must provide the following information in order to post a job opportunity on our job posting site. Failure to do so may result the job posting not being approved:
- Name of organization with full mailing address and phone number
- Full name of contact person with [phone number and email address
- An adequate description of the nature of the position being offered
Canadore’s Centre for Career Development will not accept the following types of employment:
- Work that is pyramid type or multi-level marketing (MLM) in nature, or work for organizations that are pyramid type or MLM in structure
- Work which requires a monetary deposit or similar, as a condition of employment
- Work involving unpaid or reduced pay for training (with the exception of registered nonprofit and charitable organizations)
- Work involving credit instead of pay
- Employment contracts or franchise contracts which charge a fee
(For Cannabis Producers Only) Only Authorized Licensed Producers of Cannabis for Medical Purposes issued by Health Canada under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) whose names appear on this list (or whom can show proof of license) may post with us.
(For Companies with Dealers License (under the Narcotic Control Regulations)) Only laboratories that have a current Dealers License under the Narcotic Control Regulations and who are licensed to conduct activities with cannabis whose names appear on this list (or whom can show proof of license) may post with us: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/list-licensed-dealers.html
On Campus Recruiting
Canadore’s Centre for Career Development prohibits the following recruitment strategies on campus:
- Entering classrooms during scheduled class, tutorial or lab to promote employment opportunities and/or distribute employment materials
- Using common internal and external areas on campus such as waiting areas, lobbies, alcoves, eating areas to conduct impromptu recruiting activities
- Postering and/or displaying employment advertisements in unauthorized areas without approval from the Centre for Career Development
Centre for Career Development reserves the right to remover or refuse any employer conducting recruitment on campus or job postings where:
- Non-compliance with these terms and conditions has occurred
- Incorrect or misleading information has been provided
- There are founded complaints from students or Canadore personnel regarding unethical recruitment practices
- The employment opportunity is considered by the Centre for Career Development to not represent a viable work opportunity for the students
- The behaviors or conduct of an employer in their involvement with Canadore represents unethical recruitment conduct and/or is deemed contrary to the Centres’ policies and practices
Links and Third Party Content
This site may contain links to other sites. If you visit any linked site, it is your responsibility to take measures to protect against viruses and other destructive elements.
Canadore’s Centre for Career Development is not responsible for the contents of any such linked page or any other page not under its control, and does not endorse any linked web sites, the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described.